Friday, October 5, 2012

More Than I Could Imagine

Two weeks ago on Monday September 24th Hidden Valley had it's first YoungLife club of the year.  I had big aspirations for the club, having lined up a couple of my volleyball girls that I knew I could convince to come with me.  When those girls I was so excited to bring told me they couldn't come that night, my spirits fell.

Regardless of my mood, club went on and it was the biggest club Hidden Valley has ever had.  Talk about God's plan being sooo much greater than mine.  So this week I held those great friends of mine to their promise to come to club this week.  We all met at one house and piled into my car and drove to club.

We topped our own record number of people at club (145).  Please read this sentence and number again slower.  We had 145 people at YoungLife club this week.  And there wasn't a single grade or sex or clique that dominated.. everyone was represented.  Everyone at my diverse high school of about 1200 students.  We had about 1/10 of my high school at club.  This blows my mind.

When my girls and I got in the car to go to Bojangles they immediately started telling me how much they loved it.  This was so sweet.  At Bojangles we started talking about Fall Weekend and they told me they want to come and don't see why they couldn't... what?  Like heck freaking yeah.  We left Bo's and as I was taking three of them home they started expressing to me that they want to come to Campaigners and that they really liked the last part of club.

I honestly have no words past this.  I'm baffled by God's Greatness.  I learned a verse at workcrew and I think it sums this up better than I could ever say it.

Ephesians 3:20 - "Now to him who is able to do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,"

No comments:

Post a Comment