One month later and I'm back at home.. for about 9 hours. Then to Myrtle Beach for my family vacation. Putting my thoughts of the last month into a single blog post would be impossible -- partially because of how many I have, partially because they aren't describable with words. I wish there was a way to duplicate feelings and atmospheres, but there unfortunately is not. Workcrew was basically exactly what I expected, but more. I expected it to be fun, but I had no idea it would be that much fun. I expected it to be hard, but I really had no idea it would be that hard. I expected to grow in my faith, but I had no idea whatsoever that I would grow as much as I did. I think this is a great testament to how much greater God is than anything we can think or imagine.
Everyone I've talked to since I've been back wants to know what the best part of camp was. The best part of camp for me was seeing so many kids come to know the Lord. After working long and hard all week long, going to the Say-So and seeing kids stand up and proclaim that they gave their lives to Christ that week was the best feeling in the world. On a personal level, my favorite part of camp was the community and the people. I honestly didn't really realize just how precious these people are to me until I was leaving. I feel like living with people really creates a relationship that can't be paralleled. There will definitely be more posts about Workcrew and all that it entailed in the future, but for now this is all I can put into words.
No comments:
Post a Comment