Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Random Thoughts of the Night

Okay these two have really no relation to each other, but here's what I've been thinking:

1)  Why is our generation so obsessed with noise?  I'm completely included in this, although I don't like it.  Why do I always pull up some source of music when I get on my laptop?  And why do I have to turn the volume in my car up until the windows vibrate?  Tonight I've been sitting here in silence and it's just so peaceful.  Thought flows so much easier without background noise to hinder it.  I think we've grown up in such a fast-paced world where quick, rash decisions are acceptable and actions are rarely thought through that having the distraction of noise is inevitable.

2)  I think I've mentioned before that I like analogies.  Well, yesterday I came to the realization that people are just like puzzle pieces.  Every one is a slightly different shape -- some are big and some are small, some are rough around the edges and some are smooth -- but somehow we all fit together in this big puzzle of life.  The unique thing about us people as puzzle pieces is that we're control of ourselves and where we (try to) place ourselves.  As someone who LOVES working puzzles, I can vouch that oftentimes a piece will appear as if it fits in a spot though it does not.  Recently, I've felt like I've been struggling to find the right place to fit my little puzzle piece.  I've also been learning that, just like one doing a puzzle, you can push and turn the piece around all you want and it still won't fit.  The biggest difference in this analogy is that we are people -- living, changing, growing people.  This is the most difficult part of the problem.  With people constantly changing, I wonder if we can ever find the perfect place to fit our own little puzzle piece around the perfect other puzzle pieces for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment