Sunday, July 22, 2012

Tonight, We Are Young

As I lay there in my friend's backyard tonight, I couldn't help but feel like my surroundings weren't real.  Everything was just too right -- too peaceful.  The stars were amazing.  I love looking at stars.  It makes me feel so small and insignificant, I love it.  My friends had started talking so I turned over on my side and as I looked up at the sky I saw my first ever shooting star.  Boy was that incredible.  And the conversation following was just as great.  Being able to sit there and have deep conversation with these awesome friends was so sweet.  Talking about how blessed we are and how to better love our friends.  Probably the best part was just listening to my brothers in Christ talking about how they personally can serve better their other brothers.  Everything was so surreal.  I got a feeling that I've rarely ever had and it was so amazing.  I don't know why God has blessed me with such amazing brothers and sisters -- maybe because I need them, maybe because they need me, or maybe we all need each other a little -- but I am so so so thankful for them.

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If they fall down, they can help each other up. But pity those who fall and have no one to help them up!  Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can deend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."  -- Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment