Monday afternoon I had surgery.
I can't help but laugh when I write this. Did I have surgery? Yes. Was it anything actually dramatic? No. Not at all. Monday afternoon I had two moles that were on my back removed by a plastic surgeon. No biggie. But I love saying that I "had surgery" because it sounds so rough and tough.
The procedure I had done is familiar to me, as I've had it done before. For some reason, though, this time it affected me a lot more than it previously had. Contrary to the last time I had this done, I could feel what they were doing. There was a lot of pressure being applied and a lot more pushing and pulling than I recalled.
As I laid there, though, I started thinking about all the pain Christ suffered for me and for all on the cross. I thought about how much more pain He went through than I was experiencing or ever had experienced. I've always known how much Jesus suffered for me, but there's something about being in pain that emphasizes it.
I'm fine and healing and slightly immobile (nothing more rigorous than walking). I've gained a new perspective on the cross and just how much Jesus loves me. It's sweet and I feel so on fire for the Lord right now.
"When he was accused by the chief priests and the elders, he gave no answer. Then Pilate asked him, 'Don't you hear the testimony they are bringing against you?' But Jesus made no reply, not even to a single charge - to the amazement of the governor." - Matthew 27:12-14
No comments:
Post a Comment